Weight Loss Diet Plan- In Ayurvedic Form
As we live in a diet-obsessed world, we suffer through one diet after another without getting the results. Now and then, a new diet plan makes headlines. From Paleo, Atkins to Ketogenic and Zone, it is difficult to decide upon the best way to lose weight. Ayurveda is a holistic approach to weight loss that’s healthy and balanced. “Natural weight loss supplements”
Ayurveda is derived from two Sanskrit words, ‘Ayur’ and ‘Veda’. Ayur means life while Veda means Science. For more than 5,000 years, Ayurveda has helped people achieve optimal health. The journey of weight loss through Ayurveda is an entirely different strategy. It influences the physical, mental and emotional aspects of a human being to enrich their lives in ways that no other diet could.
3 Lifestyle Changes To Follow:
Early to Bed and Early to Rise: To create a balance in your mind, body and soul, you need to sleep early and rise early. The best time to hit the bed is 10 PM and wake up is 5 AM. Our body is active during the day and rests at night. Following this routine can exclude many health problems forever.
Eat Three Meals a Day: It is ideal to have three meals per day. In Ayurveda, eating 5-6 meals per day is not advised. Your breakfast should be mid-sized, your lunch should be scrumptious, and your dinner should be light. Snacking between the meals tends to increase weight gain, create a toxic build-up in the system and wears down the pancreas.
Workout Everyday: To stay fit, you need to exercise regularly. Walking and jogging for 45 minutes is an ideal way to keep the body active. You can even hit the gym or do light aerobics and cardio exercises at home for about 20 minutes a day. This will help in keeping the kapha in balance.
Include All 6 Tastes To Your Meals:
Ayurveda recognizes six distinct tastes: sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent, and astringent. It is important to include a small portion of all the six tastes in every meal.
- Sweet: builds muscle and produce energy
- Salty: stimulate digestion and absorption of nutrients
- Sour: helps in cleansing the body
- Pungent: cleanses the sinuses and stimulates metabolism
- Astringent: tones the bodily tissues, reduce heat and pacify inflammation
General Meal Plan for Weight Loss
Breakfast: Have your breakfast between 7:30 and 9:00 am. Start your day with lemon honey water or ginger tea. Follow this with seasonal fruits or a bowl of oat bran with a drizzle of raw honey. You can even have sprouts, buckwheat muffin or stir fry vegetables.
Lunch: It is advisable to have your lunch between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm. You can have vegetables that don’t contain any starch and whole grains. Don’t forget to add protein to your diet for a balanced meal.
Dinner: Have your dinner between 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm. As dinner is supposed to be light, warming vegetable soup can be an ideal option. You can also have some stirred vegetables or salad. Use spices such as cumin, turmeric, or pepper for some added benefits.
- Practice meditation every day. A 10-minute session of peace in the morning can relax your senses. It alleviates stress, which is one of the main cause of weight gain.
- Feast on seasonal, organic and whole foods. Our body can easily digest and assimilate the nutrients provided by the seasonal foods.
- Go for a short walk after each meal. A 10-20 minutes’ walk helps in quick digestion.
- Do not drink beverages during meals. It can weaken the digestive system.
- Avoid mindless eating. Keep your brain active while eating your food.
- Drink warm water throughout the day. Warm water helps in digestion and promotes regular bowel functions.
Indulging in a new lifestyle can be difficult at once. It’s okay to begin with small steps. If you want to take on full throttle, then nothing could be better, if not, then start with one or two. Ayurveda certainly helps you lead towards a healthy weight loss plan.