Pork Adobo Recipe
Personally, I love eating Pork Adobo. It is one of my favorite Filipino dishes aside from Menudo and Sinigang.
The primary ingredients of adobo are soy sauce, vinegar and garlic. Well, pork as well if you are cooking Pork Adobo, but you can also use chicken meat as an alternative.
Image Credit: PanlasangPinoy.com
To give you an idea on how to cook Pork Adobo, we got this simple recipe from PanlasangPinoy.com.
- 2 lbs pork belly
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced or crushed
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp whole pepper corn
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- Combine the pork belly, soy sauce, and garlic then marinade for at least 1 hour
- Heat the pot and put-in the marinated pork belly then cook for a few minutes
- Add water, whole pepper corn, and dried bay leaves then bring to a boil. Simmer for 40 minutes to 1 hour
- Put-in the vinegar and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!